Saturday, August 10, 2013

Silhouette Mermaid - drawn with Wax Crayons


Silhouette Mermaid is my second experimentation with wax crayons and I’m loving it! In case you’re not aware, according to Wiki’s polished definition, a mermaid is a legendary aquatic creature with the upper body of a female human and the tale of a fish. Although mermaids look so alluring in paintings but once you try to see beyond their inviting physique you’ll see the deep seated melancholy in those beautiful pair of eyes… after all who wants their partner to smell fishy yea? In my mermaid silhouette, the lonely mermaid seems to have found a ray of hope in her otherwise dark blue world… good right? I would have loved to make the silhouette pitch black but none of my twelve crayons seemed to cooperate with my need. The cute little nose which usually ornaments a mermaid’s face has been replaced by my humped nose and the full credit goes to my artistic dexterity. Look below for the stunning painting of ‘A Mermaid’ by John William Waterhouse and use your rich imagination… there must be this damsel behind my apparently ordinary-looking mermaid silhouette… am I demanding too much? As per now, my crayon craziness will continue and I’ll be posting my jaw-dropping creations here in my blog, yes exclusively for you! 
Artist:- John William Waterhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Reading, Reflecting and Reverting back!