Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Nightfall


After I sketch my morning sun,
I’ll rise up from the dog-sleep
To clean last night fireplace-
I’ll natter with the mirror
How to tame my swollen eyes,
And wash off the charcoal dust-
Adding honey to the coffee,
I’ll resume my papery fantasy
Of slum dwellers’ cynical fate-
Till yesterday they have wept,
For I had summoned a gale
Or, sent the girl to a brothel-
I’m tired of donating my pain,
For I’ve seen hope in his eyes,
And a love that endured the rain-
Today I’ll unite their hands,
Taking them to the end of roads,
Out of reach of this frozen heart-
Tonight I’ll set the fire one last time;
If by chance, my steel heart melts to
Call the spirits of my departed dreams…

- Anunoy Samanta

(Written for NaPoWriMo 2013 - 30 Poems in 30 Days challenge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Reading, Reflecting and Reverting back!