Sunday, April 14, 2013

Moon Over My Bourbon Street


I looked for hooting owls,
I grumbled for dark solitude,
I complaint for the missing stars,
Till there was a moon over my Bourbon Street…

As the glow signs stole the air,
Heavy wallet sank me to the ground,
I got used to puppets to pamper my soul,
And I forgot the moon over my Bourbon street…

When I had it all, I failed to savour
Even a slice of joy from my deck of cards,
Not a light to trespass my penthouse glass-
Alas, once there was a moon over my Bourbon street!

- Anunoy Samanta

(Written for NaPoWriMo 2013 - 30 Poems in 30 Days challenge!)

2 comments:

  1. That was lovely Anunoy ! I somehow love the moon and her stars ..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh is it so? Then we share a common liking :-)
      and thanks a lot Shruti :-))

      Delete

Thank You for Reading, Reflecting and Reverting back!