Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Becoming a Man



Living over the cliff, dreaming by its edges
I’ve cherished the gory sun every single day,
Loved the evil bonfire licking those foothill trees,
Kissed back the chilly wind teasing my dusty fur-
Thus I was getting used to live and liking the art…

Morning chirpers used to make my mood-
Every season had parented this hungry child,
Each fountain did water the herb over the sand,
Eyes of leopard drove away slightest darkness,
Thus I was growing in wild and learning the art…

One day the rock opened up with smoke!
Villainous lava dissolved my roots and the roof;
Left with the ashes of woods and leopard bones
First time I faced my craving and absolute dark night-
That is how I mastered the art and became a man…

- Anunoy Samanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Reading, Reflecting and Reverting back!