Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Frustrated Poet

The same chirping morning birds,
The same morning sickness,
The unchanged inauguration everyday-
It bores my soul, repels me whole;
I live in a rusty cage; I sleep on its edge
I don’t know why I dwell in it
When its bars are broken;
Willing captivity is my survival token
I pound my head on its hedge
And nothing new I feel in it-
The same pain and same sprouting blood,
Same cry from my tongue and
I get bored of it… I get bored of it-
I sit at leisure with my pen,
I’ve smaller value than a hatching hen
As I don’t feed your famished belly
I keep scripting my lyrics in vain.

My pen keeps scratching the pages
I make them victim of my crazy usage
White paper turns dirty with my words
Still nothing change my world,
Same rising sun- same singing birds
And I get bored of it, it bores my core,
I roll my frustration on some distant shore-
The same plastic smiles I bear daily,
The same smoky air I inhale and
The same chattering of a group of apes;
I can’t put up with this world so silly,
I feel the madness of a barred rebel
I cry, I weep, I howl, I moan, I groan
As none appreciates my poems
I wish I could reproduce delicious novel;
A novel to feed thousands of folks
Gorged with my lunacy but all dreamy talks!

My blunt teeth tears a brown fibrous bread,
A sense of vomiting fills up my head,
I keep chewing it like a chewing gum
A series of starving faces floats by my eyes
The same boring tear rolls by my cheek and
I get a fruitless yield, it salts my sweet bread
This was emotional case- but realism unread!
Impulsive self provokes me to incise my vein
And conclude this somnolent awake state-
But how can I bear that shameless bare pain;
I was never a gutless in the ocean of sorrow,
I’m waiting for the fire in me to ignite
In this hopeless frozen furrow, so narrow
Yet, I get bored of my impatient mood
I lose my stream of optimist thought
All these seems so vague to me, meanwhile
My pen and paper rolls on some hazy riot...

- littleWriter

8 comments:

  1. u r really a grt poet..d selection of words r wonderful.. u r very succesful in expressing the feelings u r going thru..ur poems shows d state of my u r going thru..but 2 be very honest i find ur poems n ur blog as a whole something that emits negetive rays..rays of sorrow n pain..rays of frustation..may be i m wrong...yes i do agree that its d same sun dat rise evry morning..same birds r chirping everyday..same ppl we mt..so many thing r just same each n evry day..but it's not d same day evry day..evry day is a new day..beginning with a new dawn n ending with a new dusk.
    n y 2 feel bad when nobody is reading ur poems?? ..do u write 4 d others or 4 urself..?? .. until n unless u r not writting 4 ur own self, i dont think u r a poet...may b i m wrong..but this is wat i feel n belive.

    tk cr..
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Preeti. You are absolutely correct in judging me n my blog. Yes I'm a wet blanket :) What does a new dawn n a new dusk bring? They just highlight the passing away of full 24 hours from our small life... so much things to do in this small life, so 24 hrs mean a lot.. haha.. With due respect for your view "writting 4 ur own self" I'm asking you just one question- if you are just writing for your self satisfaction then why are you blogging it in WWW :) ? I believe, any creative person creates for his own pleasure but the completion of that pleasure is marked by the appreciation(or criticism) of people around him/her. So, that's why I get frustrated when my poems remain unread... Take care n hope to catch you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do agree dat we need appreciation..it playz a gr8 role in our growth..but what i want 2 say is that dont loose hope when no body is appreciating.. each n evry body is not capabl of xpressing thr feelings..jemon sobai kobita likhte pare na..orokom sobai appreciate/critisize o korte pare.. u love 2 write..so continue to write..aftrall in this busy life..u sud do something 4 urslf also... by d way appreciation is a samall word wen it cums 2 appreciate ur poems..they r just 2 good
    tk cr..
    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh..
    hav no words left..
    all taken away by ur words..it was superb..clap..
    u did a gr8 job...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The command with which you express your frustrations in everything is simply brilliant..But with this kind of writing prowess, you can get only a "selective audience" to appreciate you to your hearts content..Please don't get frustrated for that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dev, thanks for your very honest comment :) yea i too feel dat i lack that poetic dexterity... wat i do is just expulsion of my negative thoughts/feelings in da form of rhymes... yes, so u hv ful rite to discard dem from da elite class of writing called poetry :) but still i'll carry on as i don hav any alternative way to vomit diz... if derez none to read i'm alwayz dere at da end of da day to linger wid my lines...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no...!!What I tried to mean is completely different friend..I'm no authority on English Poetry myself.. but I kind of saw the frustration of a genius in here..that's what I tried to convey.:)
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All these seems so vague to me, meanwhile
    My pen and paper rolls on some hazy riot...


    u spoke the minds of many poets..
    :)
    Genius .

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Reading, Reflecting and Reverting back!